Pooch Perfect – How to have fun in Weymouth with your dog
Published by: Curtis Williams 18/07/2018 at 1:42 pm
How to have fun in Weymouth with your dog
Weymouth has many places where you can do scenic walks with your dog and large fields for your dog to run around.
Great Places include:
- The Nothe Fort Park and Gardens – which has a park for children but is an open area where your beloved dogs can run around and play. There is also a few café where you can have coffee and a cake as well a large car park.
- Radipole Park and Gardens – which has a lovely long path running through, perfect for a walk, leading to a large open field perfect for dogs to run and explore and just next to it, there is a play park and skate park ramps with a car park.
- Rodwell Trail – the Rodwell trail is a long path (3.5 kilometres long) going all across town from Ferrybridge which is just at the end of Portland Beach Road, along past Sandsfoot castle and cafe, and ends on Abbotsbury road which is right next to town. This path is suitable for dogs and their owners to walk on without being near any roads however dogs must be on a lead of max. 2 metres at all times.
In Weymouth there are some hotels that do not accept dogs but here are a list of hotels and campsites in Weymouth who welcome dogs:
- The Tides Inn.
- The Redcliff B&B guest house
- The Pebble Bank holiday park
- Little Sea Holiday Park
In Weymouth there are certain times of the year when you dogs can run around on the beach.
From Good Friday up until 31st October dogs are not allowed on Weymouth Beach apart from the given area called the “dog exercise area”. The area they have is at the Pavilion end of the beach and dogs are allowed to run, exercise and play there. There are sign posts along the area where they are allowed up to. If you want to go on a walk on the beach with your dog they must be on a lead as they can are not in the area where they roam freely.
In Weymouth there are a few local vets in case your dog gets hurt/injured or you think they need checking. including:
- Dave Cumber vets – DT3 4FL, Chickerell Link Rd – t.01305 784197
- vets4pets – inside Pets at Home, Jubilee Retail Park, Jubilee Close, DT4 7BG – t.01305 767673
In case your dog unfortunately becomes lost follow these dog warden details so they can help find your dog:
Weymouth and Portland Dog Wardens
t: 01305 838000 For ‘Lost and Found’ dog information, please check the ‘Lost Dogs’ page.